Certification is the demonstration of applied knowledge through a combination of training, and supervised work experience related to the knowledge, skills and functions of a specified area of expertise.
All NAPGCM Care Manager members who aspire to be profession-recognized as “Certified Geriatric Care Managers” must hold at least one of the four certifications listed below in addition to NAPGCM’s education and work experience requirements. For existing members or new members who do not yet meet these requirements, other membership categories are also available.
Learn more about the difference between a “Certificate” from an accredited university and “Certification” from an NAPGCM approved certifying body.
NAPGCM approved Certifying Bodies
NAPGCM does not offer Certification to its members; however, NAPGCM does recognize four (4) certifications provided by three (3) certifying bodies, the National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM), Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC), and the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM)
Care Manager Certified – CMC
- Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC)
Certified Case Manager – CCM
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
Certified Advanced Social Work Case Manager (C-ASWCM)*
Certified Social Work Case Manager (C-SWCM)*
(800) 638-8799 ext. 409
*These are the only certifications from NASW that fulfill NAPGCM certification requirements. The Gerontology Specialty Certifications, Clinical Social Worker in Gerontology (CSW-G) and Advanced Social Worker in Gerontology (ASW-G) do NOT fulfill NAPGCM Certification requirements.
Interested in Joining NAPGCM?
- If you are interested in joining NAPGCM as a Certified Geriatric Care Manager member, you must hold one of the four required certifications above in addition to meeting the educational and experience requirements.
- If you meet the educational and experience requirements but currently do not hold one of the four approved certifications, you can join as an Associate Geriatric Care Manager member.
- NAPGCM’s Provisional Member category has been designed for interested professionals who are working towards becoming a Certified Geriatric Care Manager, but who do not meet the certification, work experience or education requirements at this time.
Already a Member?
The Certified Geriatric Care Manager level of membership includes many additional benefits. If you would like to change your membership category to Certified Geriatric Care Manager send a copy of your certification to the NAPGCM National office. An additional fee will be required.
|Florida Chapter||Vicki Alkireemail@example.com|
|Mid-Atlantic Chapter||Lynn Mercuriofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mid-West Chapter||Judy Mangeemail@example.com|
|New England Chapter||Susan Turnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|New Jersey Chapter||Mary Kay Krokowskiemail@example.com|
|New York Chapter||Susan Birenbaumfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Central Chapter||Janet Jackson-McCullochemail@example.com|
|Southeast Chapter||Lisa Meeksfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Region Chapter||Deborah Ross Brownemail@example.com|