Building a GCM Business
Are you ready to make plans to open your own Geriatric Care Management Business?
Learn from experienced practitioners and specialists on topics you need to know.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Building a Geriatric Care Management Business
Led by experts. 8 presentations. Small group discussions. Via teleconference.
NAPGCM is offering a comprehensive curriculum in a small-group format via conference calls over a period of 8 weeks.
February 9 – March 29, 2012
Thursdays at 4 pm ET, 3 pm CT, 2 pm MT, 1 pm PT
$369 for the series of eight one-hour sessions
On-line registration will be available January 3, 2012.
-Group is limited to 15 attendees, in order to allow time for group discussion and Q&A. Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
-Toll-free conference call-in number provided.
-No registration for individual sections allowed.
Feb 9 – Section 1 – What Defines a Care Management Business – Phyllis Brostoff, CISW, CMC, Stowell Associates, Milwaukee, WI
- Review NAPGCM Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Small Business Development Resources
- Writing a Business Plan
- Writing a Mission Statement
Feb 16 – Section 2 – Financial Development of your Business – Amy Cameron O’Rourke, MPH, CMC, Cameron Group Care Management, Orlando, FL
- Business structure options, tax advice, methods of payment – selecting a small business Accountant
- Establishing small business checking account, business loans – selecting a bank
- Filing paperwork for business legal structure, filing fictitious name application, obtaining tax ID number – selecting an Attorney
- Financial Projections
Feb 23 – Section 3 – Business Management and Economics – Julie Hess, BSN, RN, C, CCM, AMC Care, Saint Louis, MO
- Business hours, leases, staff coverage
- Developing a Budget
- Selecting a Billing Software
- Client Billing Structure
Mar 1 – Section 4 – Business Insurance – Holly B. McGlinn, CPCU, AU, Alcott Insurance Agency, San Diego, CA
- Workers’ Compensation, Care Management Insurance, Auto, Property, Liability, Health, Professional Liability
- HIPAA Compliant Security System
Mar 8 – Section 5 – Website Development & Marketing -Natasha Beauchamp, MSC, Elder Pages Online, Sebastopol, CA
- Market Analysis
- Developing a website
- Advertising Strategy
Mar 15 – Section 6 – Documentation Methods – C. Byron Cordes, LCSW, C-ASWCM, Sage Care Management, San Antonio, TX
- Forms specific to Geriatric Care Management
- Documentation Systems Review
- Emergency Preparedness Protocol
- HIPAA Form
Mar 22- Section 7 – Growing your Business – Liz Barlowe, MA, CMC, Innovate Today, LLC, Seminole, FL
- Classification of Employees
- Business Contracts
- Developing Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual
Mar 29 – Section 8 – Professionalizing your Business – Judy Mange, MBA, PT, CMC, Aging Well, St. Louis, MO
- GCM Certification options
- Maintaining Continuing Education hours and Supervision
- Developing a Resource Library
- Academic Programs
- Additional Resources
Registration is a two part process, please read before proceeding with your registration.
Step 1: Registration has closed, the event has reached its capacity.
Step 2: After registration has been closed (1 week before start of event) you will be sent additional event information via email. Notifications will only be sent to the email provided on your event registration. Included in your email will be the toll free number with instructions on how to call in, along with any needed documents for discussion.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact the NAPGCM office.